As seen on Martha Stewart Weddings and Carats & Cake
Because our love grew from travel and the outdoors, there was no better place than to be married amongst the trees. At first, our thoughts went straight to Colorado where our love began, but then our hearts slowly trickled north toward the redwood trees- the ancient giants. And what better way to preserve our commitment to one another than to do so surrounded by one of gods most beautiful creations?
The search was now on, I had to find a location where the forest could perfectly welcome us into a wandering reception and that was able to capture our mystical dream. I eventually found the location, Island Farm, then after more and more research, I finally found my dream team at Coastside Couture.
Our relationship began four years ago when Eric invited me out for drinks with his friends in Aspen, Colorado, as we just so happened to be there at the same time. I hesitantly agreed because I had only known of Eric through mutual family friends whom his brother had recently married into from my home town in south Texas. I met up with Eric and his friends (all seven of them) for a cocktail and a fun night on the town. I instantly thought he would be an amusing friend to have in my life, but nothing more. It wasn’t until the subsequent two days of hiking through the aspen trees and conversing on life goals and dreams, that I started to realize this could be more than just friendship. Alas, both of our holidays ended and we went on our separate ways but kept in touch until Eric finally convinced me to visit him in Denver. Our relationship carried on in this manner as rendezvous in exciting cities around the country until he finally came to Texas, packed up my bags, then took me to Frisco, Colorado to live with him. Eventually, we moved back to Texas to build our roots and life. Until one amazing day, two years later, he casually planned a hike to our favorite spot by a river in the mountains, in Frisco, to propose to me. And that is the start of our love story.
- Venue: The Island Farm Private Estate San Gregorio California
- Photographer: BrittRenePhoto
- Film Scans: PhotoVisionPrints
- Videographer: MTTWLLMS
- Coordinator/Planner: Coastside Couture
- Florist: Seascape Floral
- Ceremony Strings: Cello Street Quartet (cellos are my absolute favorite instrument. I worked with the lead cello to curate the music to make it unlike people have ever heard at a wedding)
- Band: VIPs Entertainment
- Hair/ make up: Carly Wise
- Wedding Dress: Berta
- Bridesmaid: my design 😉 and had custom made by Coutures by Laura in Austin, Texas
- Groom: Armani and Lanvin
- Shoes: Prada
- Jewels/ rings: Devan Collection (my sister’s collection; designed it all!)
- Hair piece: Liv Hart
- Cake/ Dessert: Urban Organics
- Invites/ programs/ signage: Meldeen in Austin, Texas; worked custom design with founder Kaleigh Wiese
- Crystals: Bill Kaunitz aka “crystal Bill” at Elegant Crystals
- Associate Photographer: Danielle Dlillian Photography